Potter Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be working together with a well established service providing residential care homes for vulnerable children. Currently they have multiple homes that have been rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted and are looking to expand. As a result, our client is currently recruiting more enthusiastic and dedicated people to join their team.
For the Deputy Manager role you will need to have had experience of working in a Children's home, with managerial experience to deliver high standards of care, leadership and child protection to children and young people. Successful Deputy Manager will be confident, works well to their own initiative, possess excellent communication skills, is a good decision maker and has the ability develop staff to their full potential.
Annual salary: £34,160 to £36,160 per annum (this salary is inclusive of 2 sleep in shifts per week) – Up to £2,000 (Bonus Scheme)*
Hours: 40 hours per week – Full time / Adhering to a monthly rota / On call duty rota as directed by the homes manager
Purpose of the Role of Deputy Manager:
A Deputy Manager will assist the Home Manager in maintaining the smooth running of the home by promoting a harmonious culture by co-ordinating, supervising, directing and facilitating the team in delivering high standards of care. Protection and support to the children and young people by facilitating their physical, psychological, emotional and social development.
Abilities required for the Role of Deputy Manager include but are not limited to:
* The ability to manage the home in the Managers absence, to an excellent standard.
* The ability to take responsibility for delivering care and support to the young people.
* The ability to ensure the home meets its regulatory and legislation requirements.
* The ability to work in accordance with the Quality Care Standards for Children's homes and co-operate with any inspection process.
* The ability to manage and lead the staff team.
* The ability to offer support and guidance during On-Call duties.
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both with colleagues and children, verbally and in writing.
* The ability to motivate, aid and guide children in their self-development.
* The ability to listen and respond both responsibly and appropriately with sensitivity.
* Ability to manage children who display disruptive or challenging behaviour and to guide/direct staff in managing that behaviour.
* Ability to manage and take direct responsibility for staff performance, training.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines.
A deputy manager is responsible for the supervision and management of the home through:
* Writing the staff rota
* Professional supervision of team leaders and support workers if necessary
* Organising shifts
* Monitoring the overall management and performance of the home
* Reporting key performance indicators to senior leaders
* Representing the home in external professional meetings
* Being a role model in care practice • Implementing company policy in practice
* Demonstrating a flexible approach to provide the best possible care to young people
* A deputy manager is required to act up in the registered manager’s absence.
Essential Requirements for the Role of Deputy Manager:
* Two years experience working in a Children's Home.
* Knowledge and experience gained in a supervisory role of a Children's Home (At least one year’s experience as a team leader)
* Hold a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care with Children and Young People.
* Work towards the level 5 qualifications in leadership and management
* Be prepared to work early, late and night shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
* Be over the age of 21 (Employer has claimed an exemption under the Equality Act 2010).
Desirable Requirements for the Role of Deputy Manager:
* Hold a full UK driving license.
Please Apply now if you have the skills and qualifications for this role
Hays Social Care are looking for permanent waking night support workers! Hays Social Care are looking for a permanent Waking...Apply For This Job
NeuroSupport services are currently recruiting Support Workers and Healthcare Assistants with a background of Brain Injury and Mental health experience...Apply For This Job
Social Care Consultant (Recruitment Consultant) – Swansea Hays Recruitment Social Care Recruiter (Recruitment Consultant) £25,600 OTE for first 6-9 months,...Apply For This Job
Senior Caseworker Women's refuge* *Full time permanent – on field mobile working* *£23,500 – £25,000* We are working alongside a...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting Support Workers across North Shields, North Tyneside, to join a Supported Living Service supporting adults living with...Apply For This Job
Benefits: * A highly competitive starting salary with the opportunity to develop and grow your skills * Weekly pay *...Apply For This Job