Our client works closely with Parents, Carers, Local Authority Social Care Teams, Schools, Specialist Therapeutic Resources and all other relevant professionals in order to deliver the right social care solution for every individual young person.
Through effective planning and experienced staff teams, they offer a consistent and effective approach for the care of young people. Our client will tailor a planned or emergency social care package to meet the specific needs of each young person.
They go the extra mile to ensure our comprehensive support packages produce Positive Outcomes for the young people in our care.
These services include; short, medium and long term residential care packages, support and supervision for children and young people aged 8 to 18 and supported accommodation for individuals aged between 16 and 25.
The shifts for this positon will be working 2 days on and 4 days off.
* Ensure that each young person has a plan which reflects his/her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, and therapeutic and health needs.
* To ensure that the placement plan is regularly reviewed
* Allocate a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan
* Establish and monitor high quality standards of care in line with the Quality Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and the home’s Statement of Purpose. Develop quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained
* Maintain monitoring systems in which the young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
* To work in partnership with parents, carers and other professional to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
* Attend and contribute to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
* To adhere to your duty of care and ensure safeguarding/ child protection concerns are reported to your line manager and responded to accordingly.
* Assist the manager in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making
* Ensure that all new staff receive a proper induction to the home in line with company policy policy.
* Ensure that each member of staff has a personal develop plan
* Ensure each member of staff receives supervision in line with the Quality Standards for Children’s Homes 2015 and company policy’ policy
* Attend senior staff and team meetings, facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development
* Report, and assist the manager, in resolving issues of staff motivation and moral
* Report and assist the manager in issues relating to conduct and competence of staff members
* Promote personal development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities
* Develop consultation with young people and staff routines in relation to all aspects of child care
* Clarify expectations in relation to maintain the home in a clean and orderly condition
* Assist in creating, or ensure that staffing rotas fit with children’s needs and allow proper handovers between shifts
* Monitor recording systems in place and ensure that they comply with the Quality Standards and Children’s Homes Regulations 2015
* Attend to all administration issues in relation to the home
Are you a strong, caring and resilient person, who's looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to make a...Apply For This Job
Registered domiciliary care manager Full time permanent Flexible working hours Monday – Friday Office based – Cardiff £32,760 We have...Apply For This Job
Registered domiciliary care manager Full time permanent Monday- Friday with on call Office based – Barry £30,000 – £35,000 We...Apply For This Job
Women's Refuge Service Manager Wanted! Are you a compassionate leader with a passion for making a difference? We're seeking an...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Qualified Health and Social Care – Children and young people NVQ Assessor Location: Cardiff (Hybrid Role, 2 days...Apply For This Job
Adults Social Worker – Ongoing Support Team West Wiltshire Council Pay rate – £35 an hour (Umbrella) 3 month initial...Apply For This Job