Day Service Officers Outlook (temp) Grade 6, 35 hrs a week
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work within our day services, alongside our large established team of workers, to support adults with a learning disability to access activities in the community and in our resource service; improving opportunities and outcomes for individuals in leisure, employment and education.
The Day Service Officer posts are based in our Outlook Service and provide high quality day care to adults with learning disabilities, some of whom will have profound and multiple learning disabilities, to engage in meaningful daytime activities. Previous experience of working in an adult day care service is essential.
If you wish more information please contact: Catherine Davison, Adult Day Services Manager: 0141 777 3017
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner. • Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREHamnavoe House Social Care Assistant (2 posts) 22.2 hours per week, Shift working over seven daysPermanent£23,273...Apply For This Job
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREGilbertson Day Centre Relief Social Care Assistant Hours are offered on an as and when required...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Care Officer, HART+ PKC07964£20,872 – £23,143Various Locations in Perth & Kinross Council Area A great opportunity has...Apply For This Job
Job Description Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership Senior Care and Support WorkerPositive Behavioural Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities...Apply For This Job
Job Description Provide support to the Care Home Manager in running the care home through the support and supervision of...Apply For This Job
Advert ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCILEducation, Leisure and HousingHousing Services – Rae’s Close, Stromness and Lambaness, Kirkwall Relief Sheltered Housing Warden Hours...Apply For This Job