We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work within our day services, alongside our large established team of workers, to support adults with a learning disability to access activities in the community and in our resource service; improving opportunities and outcomes for individuals in leisure, employment and education.
The Day Service Officer posts are based in our Kelvinbank Resource Centre and provide high quality day care to adults with learning disabilities, some of whom will have profound and multiple learning disabilities, to engage in meaningful daytime activities. Previous experience of working in an adult day care service is essential.
If you wish more information please contact: Catherine Davison, Adult Day Services Manager: 0141 777 3017
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner. • Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH & CAREAll Age Learning Disabilities Service – Short Breaks and Supported Living Network Relief Social Care Assistant...Apply For This Job
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 7th May 2021 The successful candidate must have a clear understanding...Apply For This Job
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 14 May 2021 An opportunity has arisen for a temporary, Home...Apply For This Job
Job Description An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a progressive team at the forefront of health and social care...Apply For This Job
Job Details Grade: 4DHourly Rate: £10.08 – £10.80Salary: £19,447.37 – £20,836.46 pro rata per annumContract Duration: Temporary There are two...Apply For This Job
Job Description ORKNEY HEALTH & CARESt Rognvald House Night Social Care Assistant 37 hours per week, Shift working over seven...Apply For This Job