Part Time – 16.00 hours per week
To prepare and serve nutritionally balanced and attractively presented meals and snacks to reflect the individual needs and requests of the service user ensuring a high standard of hygiene and safety in the catering area and promoting service user participation in the life of the home.
1. To plan the menus subject to agreement with the Unit Manager, in order to provide varied and interesting meals and snacks for service users and staff.
2. To cater, where necessary, for any special diets, consulting with service users on their preferences and providing a choice of menu.
3. To incorporate and make the best use of fresh vegetables and fruit in the diet of service user.
4. To maintain a check and control of food stocks and be responsible for the ordering of stores stock.
5. To prepare, cook and serve meals to clear and wash up with the assistance of other staff, where appropriate.
6. To prepare “home baking” to reflect the service users wishes.
7. In agreement and consultation with the care staff, encourage therapeutic participation by service users in food preparation in line with Health and Safety guidelines.
8. To comply with Health and Safety requirements in the kitchen and other catering areas.
9. To ensure all aspects of current health and hygiene legislation are adhered to.
10. To be responsible to the Unit Manager for budgetary control.
11. To be involved in the life of the Unit and cater for special occasions such as parties and seasonal events.
12. To supervise and help train other catering staff in catering duties.
13. To participate in staff meetings and in training activities as and when required.
14. To undertake any other duties as may reasonably befall within the parameters of the post as requested by the Unit Manager or appropriate Team Leader.
Full Time – 38.50 hours per week Main Function The Care Team Supervisor will, through responsible Christian leadership, operate as...Apply For This Job