We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Community Development Workers to join East Dunbartonshire Council’s Community Planning and Partnership Team.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference, by connecting with communities and a range of local partners and stakeholders, to encourage community activity, community capacity building to progress local priorities contained in the locality plans, community learning, empowerment and work preventively to help reduce inequalities and tackle the impacts of poverty.
The successful candidates will have community learning and development experience, and passionate about the difference local people can make in their own community. You will be confident in working ‘on the ground’ in a community. They will have excellent communication and listening skills and be able to communicate with a diverse range of people. The role requires flexibility in the working hours and willingness to travel widely across communities.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader Community Planning & Partnerships, you will work alongside communities and community planning partners to deliver the priorities within the locality plans.
For an informal discussion on this post please contact Pamela Campbell, Team Leader Community Planning & Partnerships on 07919093040
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
East Dunbartonshire Council
Job Description Provide a professional social work service to adults in Aberdeenshire, by undertaking a full range of social work...Apply For This Job
Advert Home Link Worker PEF (Fixed Term)Kelloholm Primary School£18,549.83 – £19,864.06 You will be required to work 27.5 hours per...Apply For This Job
Job Description An opportunity has arisen with Neighbourhoods, Regeneration and Sustainability’s Community Payback Service for a Community Payback Officer to...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Project Officer – No Recourse to Public Funds, is an exciting one year post, that will appeal...Apply For This Job
Job Description Children, Education and Justice Services Social Work Assistant – fixed term until 31/03/2025Waverley Court Salary: £24,890 – £28,854...Apply For This Job