Come and join the UK’s largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
Are you a newly qualified Clinical Psychologist looking to gain experience in Neuropsychological Rehabilitation?
Or are you an experienced Clinical Psychologist wishing to progress within this field?
We would like you to join our expanding therapy service at Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre as a part-time Clinical Psychologist specialising in Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work within an established team of professionals dedicated to providing high-quality care to patients with traumatic and acquired brain injuries.
Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre provides an intensive in-patient rehabilitation service to patients with complex needs following a brain injury. We expanded in 2017, adding 23 Level 2 neurorehabilitation beds to complement the existing 29 Level 1 beds, catering to the South West region.
As a Clinical Psychologist, your responsibilities will include neuropsychological assessment, cognitive rehabilitation, and managing challenging behaviours. You will play a key role in delivering evidence-based services, collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, and providing support to patients, groups, and families.
Candidates should have specialist knowledge and experience in neuropsychological approaches and/or rehabilitation. Newly qualified Clinical Psychologists are welcome to apply, as well as those with prior experience in the field.
This position offers a supportive work environment, ongoing training, and opportunities for professional development. Support will be provided for pursuing the Division of Neuropsychology Qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology (QICN).
If you are passionate about neuropsychological rehabilitation and thrive in a collaborative setting, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding opportunity.
For enquiries or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Dr Alana Tooze, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, on (phone number removed)
What you'll be working:
This role will be part time, working 15 hours per week.
What you'll be doing:
* Keep people safe from harm and protect their human rights
* Provide the psychology service as part of an MDT approach and be involved with MDT service developments
* Complete comprehensive neuropsychological assessment of patients
* Assist the MDT in diagnosis, problem formulation and planning of rehabilitation programmes
* Carry out evidence-based psychological treatments including cognitive therapy, and mood therapy
* Design and implement individual behaviour modification programmes utilising a Positive Behaviour Support approach
* Function as a key therapist to ensure active co-ordination and management of the therapeutic programme to achieve agreed rehabilitation goals
* Support and educate families and carers about acquired brain injury
* Attend and participate in all relevant meetings, e.g., patient reviews and discharge meetings
* Ensure all practice complies with BPS and HCPC guidelines
* Maintain records and clinical notes in line with company policy and BPS guidelines
* Provide all relevant reports as required, accurately and in a timely fashion, e.g., case review and discharge reports
* Ensure effective and timely communication at all levels (with patients, families, team, and external agencies)
* Assist the Psychology Team in developing and delivering education and training to the MDT
* Take responsibility for own professional and personal development in line with HPC and BPS guidelines, including participating in Performance and Development Reviews, attending all relevant training and clinical supervision
What you'll have:
HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist
Postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology are encouraged.
Experience in brain injury rehabilitation is desirable
The post holder must undertake the mandatory Continuing Professional Development hours specified by the BPS, and must seek and obtain supervision from senior professional colleagues, in order to maintain advanced specialist skills
Experience of designing and implementing behaviour programmes is desirable
Neuropsychology placement experience within the context of Clinical Psychology training or equivalent
Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team (MDT)
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
Please only apply if you have previous experience in a support worker type role and you have a Full UK...Apply For This Job
Come and join one of the UK’s largest providers of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no...Apply For This Job
Are you passionate about working with children and young people? Wanting to make a difference and develop your skills, Then...Apply For This Job
Senior Care Assistant – 33hrs NIGHTS – Permanent – £13.00/hr – Birkdale, Southport **Stunning Home, rated GOOD IN ALL AREAS**...Apply For This Job
Senior Care Assistant – Liverpool, Knowsley (Ref – EH59190) Our client in Liverpool is an established Nursing Home which provides...Apply For This Job
We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Deputy Manager...Apply For This Job