Children’s Residential Support Worker – Swansea
Hays Social Care are currently recruiting for Support Workers with experience in supporting children with complex needs.
Vacancies for Children’s Support Workers in South and West Wales are now open and we are looking for hard working individuals to join our team.
Hays Social Care are working closely with providers of children’s social care and residential homes across South and West Wales in Swansea, Cardiff, Bridgend, Llanelli, Port Talbot, Carmarthen, Merthyr Tydfil, Barry, Caerphilly, Rhondda, Pontypool, Neath, Pontypridd and Newport.
What you’ll need:
– A minimum of 6 months support work experience.
– Experience working with Children with complex needs.
– A caring personality and a genuine desire to support those with complex needs.
– Sensitivity and understanding.
– Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
– To pass enhanced background checks.
– A full UK driving license
– Experience working in a children’s residential home
– NVQ/QCF level 2/3 in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People)
– Experience working with individuals with challenging behaviour
– Behavioural management training
What you’ll get:
– The opportunity to work in a wide range of residential homes supporting children and teenagers with complex needs.
– The freedom to choose which days you want to work on a week by week basis.
– A competitive rate of pay, paid on a weekly basis.
– The ability to work around other commitments.
– The opportunity to undertake training and professional development.
– To become a member of a diverse team in a rapidly growing sector.
– Free DBS checks.
– Most importantly, you will be making a real difference to the lives of children and teenagers with a range of complex needs such as ASD, mental health problems, emotional disorders and learning difficulties.
If you are interested in joining our team or want to find out more, click ‘apply’ or contact Morgan on 01792 485970