Children’s Residential Manager – Swansea
Your new company
My client is a well-established children’s residential setting in Swansea looking for their next forward-thinking and engaging manager to continue the vision of delivering expert care to children and young people. The home houses up to 4 young people between 8 – 18 with emotional behaviour disorder and runs a tight knit team of support workers alongside a therapeutic team. You will be responsible for overseeing the general management of the setting to ensure the children are engaged, through activities and care plans so positive and active candidates are welcomed. For over 2 ½ years the main focus has been on how to improve and deliver the best care and firmly believe no idea is a bad idea so also welcomes innovative thinking. If this feels like a welcomed change of setting for you – please get in touch now to discuss some more. If you feel you are not quite right – get in touch anyway as you may find you could be a great candidate!
Your Role – Young People First
* Lead the service culture in my home that empowers colleagues to do the right things for young people
* Coach and build my team’s capability to give excellent service.
* Build relationships and trust with my young people and community and lead my team to do the same.
* Listen to and understand my young people taking action to improve their experience.
* Understand the importance of being the best locally.
* Build the brand of my home, creating and maintaining relationships to earn their loyalty.
Culture and Team
* Own and nurture the culture in my home, where colleagues feel seen, heard and recognised for what they deliver.
* Build the capability of my team, providing Data Base Feedback and coaching to energise and enable performance.
* Spot talent, mentor and grow future leaders from within my team.
* Work proactively with HR to deliver cross format movement, and be spoilt for choice for successors in my home.
* Ensure colleagues work to the Ideal Base Rota and have the tools, training and confidence to do their job and be first for young people.
* Have a strong plan in place and lead your team in the delivery of Home KPI’s.
* Agree with your team on individual home targets and when these will be delivered.
* Effectively manage costs and colleagues to deliver Home Budgets.
* Invest time in my local community, minimise the environmental impact of my home and be recognised as a responsible neighbour.
What you’ll need to succeed
Driving Licence – essential
Experience within the children’s care sector is essential
Level 5 QCF/ NVQ in Children and Young People is essential
Resilience, self-motivation and the enthusiasm to engage with active young people
Excellent communication skills
Ability to navigate a challenging situation
DBS on the Update service is a bonus for swifter onboarding
What you’ll get in return
Rewarding job role
Free DBS check
Dedicated recruitment agent to guide you through the process
Healthy salary+ 10% bonus
33 Holidays including bank holidays
Supportive human resources team to aid you with wellbeing and home requirements
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Senior Practitioner (Children) Your new company My Client is looking for a dedicated Senior Practitioner to join their dedicated team...Apply For This Job
We have a full time Temp to Perm job opportunity to work with one of our key clients at their...Apply For This Job
Support Workers, Wake Night staff and Bank staff needed for Children’s LD home in DY9 area We are currently recruiting...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting for a specialist school for primary aged children with complex learning difficulties. You will be acting as...Apply For This Job
Residential Support Work Bank Relief Children’s Residential Support Worker – Bank/Shift Cover Your new company A National Charitable company that...Apply For This Job