We Care Recruitment are currently recruiting for full time, permanent children support workers for our lovely client based in Gateshead that provides care and support for children aged from 8–17 years.
* To help and protect children and young people living at the home in accordance with Support Safeguarding policies and procedures.
* To Record and Report any incident involving children and young people by adhering to all relevant policies and procedures
* To be prepared to go away on trips/holidays with young people when required.
* Engage in building and maintaining positive relationships with children and young people, family members, professionals and colleagues.
* Administer first aid requirements to meet children and young people’s health needs.
* Assisting in attending to the health needs of children within the home and by escorting them where necessary to doctors, opticians, dentist appointments etc and promote a healthy lifestyle.
* Helping to ensure that the home is kept in a clean and orderly state.
* Offering appropriate guidance and support to children and young people by ensuring that the standards set by the Manager are adhered to. This will be achieved through the impact of caring relationships with the children and young people.
* To attend and participate in meetings with young people at home and in the community, for example: – Care Team Meetings , Looked After Children Reviews , PEP Meetings .
* To carry out room searches as and when required in the home with the aim of helping and protecting children and young people.
* To be able to work on a sleep-in rota and waking nights if required.
* Support the children and young people in their formal educational development by encouraging and ensuring attendance at school on a regular basis, ensuring they undertake necessary homework, and are supported at school meetings.
* Assist in the social, emotional, and physical development of the children and young people, by promoting positive behaviour management.
* To use IT based systems for example; ClearCare, Rota Cloud , Breathe .
* To manage positive behaviour management of children in the home, by way of pro social modelling, guidance and sudden de-escalation and positive handling in accordance with mandatory CPI training .
* Assist in the practical running of the home and the preparation of nutritious meals for the children and young people.
* To be able to recognise the effects of stress on self and others and to make appropriate use of support systems.
* To help young people adopt a more positive outlook on life and a greater sense of self-worth and of the value of relationships with others, leading to improved outcomes.
* To attend courts and police stations to assist young people who are in the youth justice system.
* To liaise with all emergency services as and when required.
* To write reports required for the young person’s placing authority social worker or other professionals.
* To transport young people to education facilities, meetings, contact, court etc as and when required.
* Any other relevant duties as may be prescribed from time to time by the Manager.
* To drive a company vehicle in accordance with The Highway Code
Your new company Your Company is a UK Care Provider for Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Complex Needs Your...Apply For This Job
Care Workers are required for a fantastic 47 bedded residential home in York. £10.88 – £12.88 p/h | FT or...Apply For This Job
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Regional Manager to oversee three locations. (Call for more information). There is...Apply For This Job
SYK Healthcare Recruitment Specialists is supporting a client in Shipton by Beningbrough to find care assistants for their 32 bed...Apply For This Job
About The Role As a Senior Care Assistant at HC One, Kindness will be at the core of everything you...Apply For This Job