Exciting New Children and Young Persons Residential Manager position in Swansea – Therapeutic Approach
Your new company
With a strong vision for how best to apply care for children and young people, my client is looking for a like minded QCF L5 qualified residential manager to join their team in Swansea. The home has young persons between the ages of 8-18 with emotional behaviour disorder, and from various backgrounds including SE, so are considered vulnerable. It is build within the culture of this company that the children and young people come first, but that the staff are nurtured and motivated to help best achieve this. The mental wellbeing of everyone involved, at whatever stage of their career is vital and it reflects on the care given to the residents. You will benefit from leading a strong and encouraging team.
The home is active, with trips to the community to engage in days out bowling, swimming, walking or playing sports. So strong communication and organisational skills are required.
Your Role – Young People First
* Lead the service culture in my home that empowers colleagues to do the right things for young people.
* Coach and build my team’s capability to give excellent service.
* Build relationships and trust with my young people and community and lead my team to do the same.
* Listen to and understand my young people taking action to improve their experience.
* Understand the importance of being the best locally.
* Build the brand of my home, creating and maintaining relationships to earn their loyalty.
Culture and Team
* Own and nurture the culture in my home, where colleagues feel seen, heard and recognised for what they deliver.
* Build the capability of my team, providing Data Base Feedback and coaching to energise and enable performance.
* Spot talent, mentor and grow future leaders from within my team.
* Work proactively with HR to deliver cross format movement, and be spoilt for choice for successors in my home.
* Ensure colleagues work to the Ideal Base Rota and have the tools, training and confidence to do their job and be first for young people. Managerial Responsibilities
* Have a strong plan in place and lead your team in the delivery of Home KPI’s.
* Agree with your team on individual home targets and when these will be delivered.
* Effectively manage costs and colleagues to deliver Home Budgets.
* Invest time in my local community, minimise the environmental impact of my home and be recognised as a responsible neighbour.
What you’ll need to succeed
Driving Licence – essential
Experience within the children’s care sector is essential
Level 5 QCF/ NVQ in Children and Young People is essential
Resilience, self-motivation and the enthusiasm to engage with active young people
Excellent communication skills
Ability to navigate a challenging situation
DBS on the Update service is a bonus for swifter onboarding
What you’ll get in return
Healthy Salary + 10% bonus
Rewarding Job Role
Attractive 5 day a week, 8-4 / 9-5 shift pattern.
Free DBS check
Dedicated recruitment agent to guide you through the process
33 Holidays including bank holidays
Supportive human resources team to aid you with wellbeing and home requirements
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Support Worker – Wembley, London Core Responsibilities: Support the customers with all aspects of daily living as specified in their...Apply For This Job
Female Only Support Worker – Days & Night Shifts Available – Swansea Your new company We are looking to recruit...Apply For This Job
Residential Child Care Practitioner, Waking Nights – Halsham Residential Child Care Practitioner, Waking Nights – Halsham NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED 21...Apply For This Job
Residential Child Care Practitioner, Waking Nights – Tadcaster Residential Child Care Practitioner, Waking Nights – Tadcaster NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED 21...Apply For This Job
Support Worker in Coventry Your new company Hays Social Care are looking for Support Workers in the Coventry, Canley area...Apply For This Job