The Child Protection Coordinator fulfils a very important function to support the work of our Child Protection Committee and the Children and Families Social Work Service. This is specifically in respect of Child Protection activity internally e.g. chairing CP review case conferences, providing quality assurance and undertaking training. We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified social worker with indepth knowledge and experience of Child Protection work.
The post is full time and temporary. Interviews will take place on the morning of 11 March 2021.
If you require more information about the post please contact Claire Carthy via email.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Details Grade: 7AHourly Rate: £14.11 – £15.63Salary: £25,752.18 – £28,526.18 pro rata per annumContract Duration: Permanent Role Purpose...Apply For This Job
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREChildren & Families Services Relief Social Worker Hours are offered on an as and when required...Apply For This Job
Job Description ORKNEY HEALTH AND CARE Children and Families Services Social Worker 35 hours per week Permanent £37,741 – £40,460...Apply For This Job
Job Advert We are looking for people who want to help their local community to work with us during this...Apply For This Job
Advert Based in Johnstone Town Hall, Ludovic Square, PA5 8EE This is an opportunity to join one of our professionally...Apply For This Job
Advertisement Details Residential care for children and young people is a unique, complex and challenging area to work in and...Apply For This Job