Please note that salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work within our Day Services, alongside our large established team of workers who support adults with a learning disability to access activities in the community and within the Allander Resource Centre.
The Escort post is based at Broomhill Depot, supporting adults with learning disabilities, and other disabilities such as complex physical support needs or autism to travel from their homes to the Allander Resource Centre, Bearsden. Previous experience and knowledge of social care would be required. The successful applicant will require to undertake mandatory training including Moving & Assistance training, Emergency First Aid and Midazolam training.
If you wish more information please contact: Catherine Davison, Adult Day Services Manager: 0141 777 3017
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREPhysical Disability Service – Glaitness Centre Social Care Worker 23.5 hours per week, Shift working over...Apply For This Job
Job Description Lead, as a key worker, in the provision of person centred care with holistic support of individuals, in...Apply For This Job
Job Description Based within the Learning Disabilities Service, you will work part time, 35 hours per week on temporary basis...Apply For This Job
Job Description Meet the care and support needs of service users and enable them to progress towards maximum independence through...Apply For This Job
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREHealth and Community CareSmiddybrae House Social Care Worker (2 posts) 1 x 22.2 hours per week1...Apply For This Job
Advert ORKNEY HEALTH AND CAREHamnavoe House Social Care Assistant 22.2 hours per week, Shift working over seven daysPermanent£30,361 – £31,019...Apply For This Job