Accommodation Assistant, Greyfriars House (PKC06235)
£18,301 – £19,952
55 Prince’s Street, Perth PH2 8LJ
You will work as part of a team in the Council’s homeless hostel to promote the safety, security and general welfare of residents and the building. The post involves shift work which includes night shifts, weekend work and occasional, lone working. As a result, this post is paid a shift allowance. You will carry out a range of duties including booking-in residents, monitoring CCTV, cleaning of vacant rooms and communal areas, ensuring that the Hostel is a well maintained and safe environment for residents, ensuring residents pay service charges/service charge arrears, ordering goods and services; a variety of form filling. Communicate effectively to build relationships with clients, service users and other internal and external agencies to ensure a quality care provision.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills or behaviours:
– Committed to delivering high quality services in accordance with PKC Customer Service Standards
– Demonstrate confidentiality and integrity of all Council information
– Promote positive values and anti-discriminatory, non-judgmental practice and treat colleagues and customers with dignity and respect in line with the Employee Code of Conduct and SSSC Codes of Conduct
– Promote and role model the Council’s values on equality and diversity
– Demonstrate a commitment to learning, improvement and innovation
– Demonstrate a flexible approach to change and adapting to new ways of working
– Committed to being part of a safe working environment for themselves and others by observing safe working practices and the Council’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
In addition, you should keep up to date with relevant legislation, processes and procedures to ensure high standards are maintained; be highly organised; have excellent communication skills; understand and have an awareness of the wellbeing and individual needs of residents; have good digital skills to operate and maintain relevant systems and equipment.
If you need more information about this position, please contact John Spittal, Support Coordinator, 01738 783433.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Online facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Job Description Base: Gilven House Interview Date: Week Commencing 3 February 2020 The job pack for this vacancy is attached...Apply For This Job
Advert This Accommodations Officer will be based within the Abercorn Street Service a key function will be to support the...Apply For This Job