Dementia Centre announce 2014 dates for facilitator training
The Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC) in Stirling has announced details of its nationally recognised programme to train one of your staff members as a facilitator.
The facilitator then delivers this programme to eight staff members in their work place using a cascade approach.
Three different programmes are available for all frontline staff working within public, private and third sector care organisations:
- In care home and day care settings
- In hospitals and day hospital settings
- In domiciliary, re-ablement team, home care and community settings
DSDC trains a member of your staff team. This facilitator then delivers DSDC’s uniquely designed and tested course material over 6 months in their own workplace with regular support from our professional development team.
The course covers:
- the person and dementia
- person-centred care and building meaningful relationships
- communication and behavior
- support for the person with dementia, family and carers
- health and well-being
- legal aspects and issues in relation to dementia
The 2 day facilitator training takes place across the UK and the next scheduled dates are:
- 26th & 27th February 2014, DSDC University of Stirling, FK9 4LA
- 17th & 18th March 2014, Reebok Stadium, Bolton, BL6 6SF
- 20th & 21st March 2014, The Mount Business Centre, Belfast, BT6 8DD
- 1st & 2nd April 2014, University of Exeter, EX4 4SB
- 8th & 9th April 2014, Arlington Conference Centre, London, NW1 7HE
- 7th & 8th May 2014, DSDC, University of Stirling, FK9 4LA
For further information contact Lynsey Manson at: [email protected]