New guide to the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
On 30 November 2010, the Scottish Government will introduce a new membership scheme to replace and improve upon the current disclosure arrangements for people who work with vulnerable groups.
It is an offence for an organisation to offer regulated work to or continue to employ someone who is barred from working with adults in regulated work with adults, or who is barred from working with children in regulated work with children.
CCPS has produced a briefing for social care and support providers, giving information on:
* How to find out whether or not someone is barred
* Who should be asked to apply to join the scheme (what is regulated work)
* When staff should be checked (retrospective checking)
* Employers’ obligations to make referrals to the lists
* Where to find further information about the PVG Scheme
* Frequently asked questions
Download/view the briefing here .