NISCC move to reassure care workers over registration concerns
The Northern Irish Social Care COuncil (NISCC) has issued an apology to care workers over delays in providing assistance for general queries, registration applications, renewals and payments during the period while their new telephone system was installed.
The NISCC are aware that some of their registrants have been unable to contact them for assistance with completing applications or making payments.
A spokesperson said: “We recognise that registration on the NISCC Social Care Register is an employment requirement for many of our registrants and that delays in maintaining their registration will be a concern.”
“We can assure those registrants who are being affected by current service issues that they will be granted an additional 14 days to complete their renewal or payment as required.
“During this period, registrants will not be removed from the register for non-payment or for failing to renew registration without consultation to establish the circumstances relating to their situation.”
The NISCC Online Portal is available for new applications, renewal applications, fee payments, changes to personal data and for recording AYE and PRTL information.
Listed below are some tips for new users to the portal:
- New Users (this includes new applicants for registration and those who have been NISCC registered for some time) will need to create an online account which will allow them to access and manage their registration record
- You will be asked to create a User Name and Password. Make sure you take a note of these and keep them in a safe place. (Yhis is not your SCR registration number or your HSC username).
- It takes 15 minutes to create and validate your new account before you can log in to your registration information or to apply for registration
- Once you have logged in, use the tabs on the left side of the screen to select the registration service you require
- Fee payment is the last step in the renewal process – registrants due to renew their three or five-year registration must complete the online renewal form before the system will generate and accept a fee payment