Child Sex Beast Walks Despite Threat To Kill Social Worker

An evil child rapist who threatened to kill a social worker with a hammer was last night back on the streets of Ulster. Convicted paedophile James White made the grim threat to a counsellor in a therapy session related to his perverted past.

But he walked free from court last month after being sentenced to three months in jail, because he had already spent time behind bars while on remand.

The child sex monster – who was jailed in the Republic eight years ago for horrific sex attacks on a teenage boy – did not have his vile history detailed in Enniskillen Crown Court, however, his lawyer Ian Turkington referred to his client’s “unsavoury” criminal record. But Sunday Life can reveal that White (36), of Derrylinn Road, Kinawley, was jailed in the Republic in 1998 on two counts of buggery and five charges of sexual assault against a teenage boy in Co Meath a year earlier.

Cunning White had placed an advert in the local paper looking for a youngster to work part-time in dog kennels. He then interviewed a 14-year-old boy and took him on as an assistant.

It later transpired that White had no kennels, and instead gave the teen labouring work and took him on trips around the country.

He then started to sexually abuse the boy.

A judge in the Republic sentenced him to five years in jail. At the same time, cops on this side of the border were probing similar allegations against White.

And Sunday Life understands that further allegations have been made more recently against him. In September last year a teenage boy went to cops and told them that White had sexually abused him.

It’s understood that the youth alleged White had indecently assaulted him when he was aged about nine.

Police from the Child Abuse and Rape Enquiry unit interviewed the boy, but prosecutors decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

A police spokesman said: “Police did receive an allegation that a young boy was abused a number of years ago and a file was prepared for the Public Prosecution Service, who recommended no prosecution.”

On the threat to kill charge, resident magistrate Bernie Kelly sentenced White to three months in jail.

But he walked free because he had already spent two months on remand.