NISCC announce new learning workshops for front line care at home workforce
The Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) has announced new dates for a series of workshops offering enhanced learning opportunities for front line care at home workers, their supervisors and managers.
These events are open to staff working in the statutory, voluntary and private settings and will begin in November.
Phase 1 of workshops delivered 25 enhanced learning events across Northern Ireland, covering a range of themes like Medication Management, Dysphagia and Continence, Reablement, etc.
Participants have fed back that they found the training engaging, supportive and informative:
- ‘All staff should do these courses as they are very helpful into making us understand more about domiciliary care, and how much we participate in our line of care. They prompted discussions, thinking and enabled me to put new things into practice’
- ‘The project helps providers to create a greater sense of continuity within the service.’
- ‘I really enjoyed meeting with people who work in the same sector and having the opportunity to discuss and share knowledge and experiences.’
The next scheduled workshops are listed below and it is anticipated more dates will be added in the coming weeks.
- 12/11/2019 – Medications Management Training – The Waterfoot Hotel, Londonderry
- 21/01/2020 – Medications Management Training – Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast
- 28/01/2020 – Continence Management Training – Trinity Methodist Church, Knockmore Road, Lisburn
- 04/02/2020 – Continence Management Training – Strangford Arms Hotel, Newtownards
- 10/03/2020 – Medications Management Training – The Jethro Centre, Lurgan
The training is facilitated by the NISCC and delivered by partner organisations. Funding is also available for employers to facilitate staff attendance/backfill arrangements attending from the voluntary and private sectors.
For further information, email: [email protected] or telephone 028 9536 2976.