Praise For Liverpool Care Workers
CARERS who help Liverpool’s most vulnerable people will have their efforts officially recognised for the first time.
The city’s first-ever awards ceremony for social workers will be held later this year to reward those who make a difference to the lives of elderly or disabled residents.
The I Care awards, backed by the ECHO, are being organised by Liverpool social care partnership and the People Pool, which works with employers on recruitment.
Cllr Ron Gould, Liverpool council’s executive member for social care, said: “These awards are a way of recognising those people who work providing service over and above what their role requires.”
Nominations are for:
- Outstanding support worker working in a nursing or care home.
- Outstanding support worker working in domiciliary care.
- Outstanding support worker working with people with learning or physical disabilities.
- Outstanding support worker working with people with mental health problems.
- Outstanding newcomer to social care.
- Outstanding care ambassador.
- Outstanding award for continued professional development.
* Call Ann Garvey on 0151-233 5452 or Mikaela Williams-Brown on 0151-702 5554.