Nine men deny charges of child sexual exploitation at Sheffield Crown Court
Nine men have denied charges connected to the alleged child sexual exploitation of a teenage girl.
The men appeared at Sheffield Crown Court on Tuesday charged with 15 historical offences.
Eight are accused of raping the girl on a number of occasions from March 2010.
All the defendants, from Sheffield, entered not guilty pleas to all charges.
Usman Din, 34, of Seaton Crescent, is charged with three counts of rape between March 2010 and March 2011.
He is also accused of trafficking the teenager within the UK for the purposes of sexual exploitation.
Jasim Mohammed, 36, of Maxwell Way, is charged with three counts of raping the girl between March 2010 and December 2012.
Farhad Mirzae, 29, of Ironside Road, is accused of two counts of rape between March 2010 and December 2011.
Saman Mohammed, 40, of Fox Street, Kawan Ahmed, 29, of Margate Drive, Shangar Ibrahimi, 29, of no fixed abode, Tony Juone, 60, of Pitt Lane, and Nzar Anwar, 39, of Exeter Drive, each face one charge of rape on dates ranging between March 2010 and May 2011.
Anwar is also accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice with Saba Mohammad, 40, of Faranden Road, by trying to get the girl to withdraw her evidence.
The defendants were granted bail and will go on trial at Sheffield Crown Court on January 6.
Judge Michael Slater said: “You have pleaded not guilty to the various charges alleged against you. These matters will have to be tried. This will take place on 6 January next year with a time estimate of six weeks.”
Peter Hampton, prosecuting, said two men did not attend the magistrates’ court hearing last month and are currently wanted.
Kamaran Mahmoodi, 39, of Walkley Road, and Soran Ali Karim, 43, of Greenland Drive, each face one count of rape.
Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2019, All Rights Reserved. Picture (c) Dave Higgens / PA Wire.